Iain is an Associate Creative Director at Bullfrog.
1. Why did you choose advertising/marketing as a career path?
My art teacher said I'd be good at it, and I was over seeing the same ads saying the same thing. I thought there must be a better way of doing stuff.
2. What's the best advice you'd give to your younger self who's just started their career?
Listen and understand what the client really needs, then deliver it in a creative and fresh way.
3. What do you look for when hiring young people?
How insightful they are, and point they have to prove.
4. How do I make my resume stand out?
From a creative perspective - Great insights, with interesting ways to execute it.
5. What skills have been most beneficial for you?
Design thinking, listening, being polite.
6. Do you need a degree?
7. What was a key lesson you learnt in your career to date?
8. Have your reasons for joining the industry changed over time?
9. Have you ever failed? How did you react?
Constantly. Sulk for a little bit, then learn what I could have done better, then don't do it again.
10. If you had the chance to re-do your career knowing what you know now, what would you do differently?
Became a coder.